Five of Mee Derby’s executive recruiters traveled to Miami for this year’s Executive Forum, a three day conference that’s an annual hub of North America’s staffing industry. For some on our team, it was their first year attending Executive Forum – for others, it was the 27th year. Yet each year there are new developments in this rapidly growing industry, new people to meet and more to learn. Here are some of our team’s takeaways from the conference:
Jim Alesio, Executive Recruiter
- The importance of candidate engagement – specifically staying in touch with my placed candidates and nurturing those relationships to a greater level.
- Technology and Artificial Intelligence will be the driving forces affecting our industry and should help candidates in the hiring process.
Sue Jagan, Executive Recruiter
- Companies are extremely focused on culture in their organization, now more than ever.
- It is imperative to conduct a thorough interview to ensure making the right hire. 50% of all hiring decisions are mistakes. An average hiring mistake cost 15x the person’s base salary.
Jennifer Tucker, Executive Recruiter
- There is definitely a huge need for talent in the market. Everyone I spoke with needs good people. And so do we!
- Boutique staffing firms make up a huge portion of the revenue for the staffing industry as a whole.
Robin Mee, Founder and President
- Internal hiring demand continues at a fast and exciting pace as the industry continues to grow.
- Technology will enhance and replace some parts of the recruiting process but the human element will continue to be the critical component that machines can never replicate.
Kim Whiteley, Executive Recruiter and Director
- In this ever tight job market the candidate experience with your firm is critical, whether you are doing contract or direct hire staffing. A bad review is similar to a bad review on Yelp – it travels farther and wider than a good review.
- Notes from John Stepper’s presentation Working Out Loud: Better for You. Better for Your Business: Qualities that great agile collaboration and meaningful relationships: Generosity, visible work, purposeful discovery and a growth mindset.